16.7.07

Angus Munro

Saturday 14/07/07

Angus Munro hill race - 15miles / 5810feet
(British Championships long counter)

17th place - 2hrs 59mins 34secs

Improved on my time of 2005 by over 15 minutes. While I knew I wouldn't get near to the 6th place I grasped from the jaws of 3rd that day, I was chuffed with both my time and position. Would have been nice to have stuck with Paul right to the end and counted for the team. Where he got the energy to drop me by 4mins in the last half hour I'll never know. Nice to see Gina (sic) Mykura run so well, though where she got 'Dan' from I'll never know, I obviously made a big impression at that FRA dinner. Rehydration from cider and guiness and some fine company at the ceilidh rounded off a very succesful trip for the purple posse. PS there is relevance to the two DPFR runner pics (spot the coy looks)
Results
Scottish Hill Runners photos