21.6.07

Langstrath

Wednesday 20/06/07
Langstrath fell race - 4.5miles / 1370feet
16th place - 47mins 57secs

Was in a comfortable 13th place with Gavin and Paul Knowles in sight when we reached the bog.
Sank into the bog, pulled my sopping wet ass out and found myself in no man's land.
Chose the wrong gully and went for a big wander and stopped for a head scratch.
Finally got back on track in around the mid 30s.
Being decidedly hacked off with the situation I set off like a lunatic much to the bemusement of those I overtook.
Could see Richard U off in the distance but couldn't quite get there so had to endure a ribbing on the way home for that one.
Iffy weather was reminiscent of last year when I fell over, nearly jacked and ran through the field in a similar fashion.
Why can't I just stick to the path like the normal people?!?
Results