3.5.07

Caw

Wednesday 02/05/07

Caw fell race - 6 miles / 1800 feet
14th place - 56mins 26secs

Small field, nice weather, good race (except for the road bits).
It's the minor victories that keep us bimblers plodding along. This one involved holding off a fast descending Jackie Lee on the run in. The road finish and slight climb to the end were a struggle indeed. Fortunately Jackie thanked me afterwards because in trying to catch me she equalled the ladies record.
There are a multitude of route choices on the way to Caw from Knott. I plumped to follow Gary Thorpe, Chris Speight and Paul Knowles up a gully to the left. I don't think there's much in it, whichever route you choose. But as usual, I still managed to find every bog and hole, ending up covered in mud on what was a bone dry evening.
Apparently Chris Upson wasn't even trying in running himself into 5th place in front of Mike Robinson, believe that if you will. Not like Chris to be "uncompetitive!"

Results