22.3.07

Edale Skyline

Sunday 18/03/07

Edale Skyline fell race - 22miles / 6300feet
97th place - 3hrs 41mins 53secs
English championship long race. Nul points scored.

Grimmest weather I've had on a fell race, even worse then Culter 02 (hail stones on bare thighs in June!) and Rydal Round 05 (day of the hurricane in Birmingham).
My positions at the check points go 86/88/84/89/82/92/91/103/101/97.
So I lost 10 places from Lord's seat to Brown Knoll and 12 places from Jacob's Ladder to Grindslow. I think that says a lot about my pacing technique. My hands were so cold, I couldn't fish out my gel going up Brown Knoll, never mind open it. Was probably too late in putting on the jacket, lost a lot of energy in keeping warm instead of running. A tough race, which I will do again in more clement conditions.
And what was the advice, DON'T GO OFF TOO FAST !!!
Results and splits
Some video footage too!