23.6.06

Langstrath

Wednesay 21/06/06

Langstrath Fell Race - miles / feet
38th place - 52mins 54secs

Midsummer's day, my arse.
It heaved it down for this usually pleasant evening race.
Came a cropper on the wet rocks at the beginning of the climb after a very fierce start.
Tried to carry on but it didn't feel right with any weight on my left leg. Bugger.
Steve said I made quite a crack when I hit the deck and there were concerned faces.
I turned round (not that gutted really!) and bimbled back to the gate.
However, after a few minutes downhill jog it felt much better so I decided to trot round after all.
Wanted a run and was already pish wet through.
Enjoyed working my way back through the field, getting confused looks and was cheered on by the irrepressible Phil Davies.
So there you go Michael Owen, you should have carried on!
Results where I appear to have aged !!!