7.11.05

Dunnerdale

Saturday 05/11/05

Dunnerdale fell race - 5miles / 510mtrs
55th place - 50mins 39secs

Started off like a startled rabbit but soon ran out of puff.
Exactly two minutes slower than last year which says it all really.
The course was quite challenging as it resembled a stream bed for the most part.
I only managed to rally close the the end when in a fit of chauvinism (I am ashamed) I became quite keen to hold off Sharon Taylor. This wasn't helped when Sharon declared 'I won't catch Jackie Lee, she's a better descender than me'.
A sudden burst on the road at the finish passing a couple more suddenly reminded me that I had 10 miles of wet hilly road to do tomorrow.
No pictures of the race, so here's some crap attempts to photograph fireworks at Little Langdale. See if you can spot all the unused ones in a pile by the wall where they were being set off from. Nice one Chris and Mike!
Results