7.11.05

Derwentwater 10

Sunday 06/11/05

Derwentwater 10 road race - 10miles / 180mtrs
46th place - 63mins 54secs

Whilst being 3 minutes 21 seconds slower than my best for this, I was quite happy with it seeing as I felt shite at Dunnerdale and rehydrated (dehydrated?) on Jennings in the Three Shires the night before. There is going to have to be some pain on the track somewhere and up the hills of Penrith if I'm to go under three at London, though.
Met the winner after the race, he is a little big headed but not quite the 'wanker' that Steve Bottomley accused him of being. Worst you could have heckled with would have been 'pot hunter'. He was harping on about doing Borrowdale next year and hoping that Simon Booth would show him the course beforehand. I'm afraid that isn't how it works, you'll need to suss it yourself mate.
2005 Results

Ladies winner cruises pastThanks to Darian Bridge for this pictureThanks to Jerry Dawson for this picture