29.9.05

Mellbreak

Wednesday 28/09/05

Crummock Water circuit / Mellbreak - ? miles / 765m

RHB (section 34B) - Mellbreak 512mtrs

Nice training run around Crummock Water from Buttermere.
Started down Rannerdale, around the fish ladders then up Mellbreak through Raven's Crag.
Very nice ascent on all types of ground and a cracking view down the lakes to Fleetwith Pike.
That was before the gale force winds and rain came in just as I was coming off the summit.

On a completely unrelated note I gave a pint of O positive about 4 hours afterwards and nearly fainted.
I pulled a complete whitey and had to lie down for 45 minutes before I could even stand.
Couldn't even face the tea and biscuits.
Still feel pathetic today, maybe the miles have caught up with me and I need some rest, or maybe I shouldn't have given blood.